WE-TRANSFORM 3rd Stakeholder Workshop
IMPACTS OF DIGITALISATION AND AUTOMATION ON THE TRANSPORT WORKFORCE
June 15, 2022
Transport and Telecommunication Institute (TSI)
Deadline to register THIS FRIDAY, JUNE 10 EOB.
Beyond that date, please contact email@example.com to see if any additional registration can still be accommodated
The EU H2020 project WE-TRANSFORM aims at creating a policy agenda to prepare for the transition of the transport sector related to digitalisation and automation of services, and specifically the related workforce transformation.
To do so, WE-TRANSFORM wants to establish an effective dialogue with all parties involved, including workers and employers across all transport modes. This dialogue will enable to leverage stakeholders’ knowledge and experiences in order to co-create an action-oriented agenda.
The first phase of the project has focused on reviewing state-of-the-art literature and analysing initial stakeholders’ input regarding barriers created by digitalisation/automation. In particular, negative and positive impacts on the workforce were investigated in relation to the skills and the needs to facilitate the transition.
This workshop marks the start of the second phase. This phase focuses on the analysis of the observed and collected impacts of automation on the workforce.
The following thematic areas will be used as a basis to start up discussions:
- Governance of transition;
- Common skills to develop between same-level workers in different sectors of the transport industry;
- Minimisation of exclusion processes in the reskilling of the workforce;
- Platforms for gig workers: implications on jobs production;
- The role of local and regional authorities;
- Role of workers in Automated Public Transport Settings;
- Regulation of transition in the view of collective bargaining
- Automation and sustainability
For this workshop, we are targeting interested stakeholders across all transport modes and countries, from workforce organisations, trade unions to transport and technology industry and public authorities.
Join the discussion! Register for the workshop and check below the latest updates on the programme!
- 09:00 Opening & welcome by the Project Coordinator and the Host
- 09:10 Presentation of WET objectives and working approach
- Presentation of the thematic areas
- 09:30 Discussion in parallel break-out rooms: thematic areas 1 and 4
- 11:00 Coffee break
- 11:15 Discussion in parallel break-out rooms: thematic areas 2 and 5
- 12:45 Networking lunch
- 14:15 Discussion in parallel break-out rooms: thematic areas 3 and 7
- 15:45 Coffee break
- 16:00 Discussion in parallel break-out rooms: thematic areas 6 and 8
- 17:30 Final statements & next steps
- 18:00 Workshop close
Transport and Housing details around the workshop venue